I put my headphones in, wrapped my coat up in a ball to my side, secured my seatbelt, and was settling into my flight to Quebec City, Canada. We have take off and the pilot welcomes us to the flight. He announces we would be landing in Toronto in 1 Hour and 50 Minutes. Wait, what?! Toronto, Canada is less than a two hour flight away from Nashville? I was shocked, and it got me thinking about what else is within a 2 hour non-stop flight from Nashville. Turns out, a lot! I love vacations and getaways, but sometimes my schedule doesn’t allow for a full week off. So here is my list for a long weekend getaway from Nashville.
Make sure to check out my Nashville Day Trips article where all of the locations will be within a two hours drive from the city. This list will includes road trips that range from a four to six hours drive away or nonstop flights around two to three hours away. This list would be more of your long weekend stay list, as in a three to four day weekend to get the most out of your efforts. Enjoy some of my favorite weekend getaways.
Road Trips (4-6 Hour drive)
The Great Smoky Mountains – 4 Hour Drive
- Spend time exploring Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg
- Hike to Mount Le Conte or drive through Cades Cove
- Spend a day at Dollywood
- Check out my article Fall in the Smokies
Asheville – 4 Hour: 45 Minute Drive
Beech Mountain/Sugar Mountain, NC – 5 Hour: 30 Minute Drive
- Ski (or Mountain Bike) at Beech Mountain or Sugar Mountain
- Snowtube at Hawsknest
- Hike at Grandfather Mountain
Atlanta, GA – 4 Hour Drive
- Take a drive to the Bavarian Town of Helen, Georgia (1.5 Hr drive)
Short Flights (1.5 – 3 Hour Flights)
Check out the latest list of BNA nonstop flights here.
Orlando, FL – 2 Hour Flight
- Disney World (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, or Water Parks)
- Universal Studios (Harry Potter World)
- SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, or Gatorland
Panama City, FL – 1.5 Hour Flight (8 Hour Drive)
- Waves, Sand and Sun!
- Visit Rosemary Beach
- Shop and eat at Pier Park
Washington DC – 2 Hour Flight
- Stroll the Smithsonian Museums
- Walk the National Mall
- See the White House
New York, NY – 2.5 Hour Flight
- Catch a Broadway show
- Stroll through Central Park
- Visit Times Square, The statue of Liberty and The Empire State Building
- Eat NY Pizza, stop at a deli, or grab a dozen bagels somewhere
Denver, CO – 3 Hour Flight
- Hike in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Catch a show or hike at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Visit Boulder and Pearl Street
More Short Flight Options:
I have yet to visit these ones, but these are all a reasonable flight away from Nashville as well. Have you been to any of these? What are your favorite things to do there?
Austin, TX – 2 Hour Flight
Toronto, CA – 2 Hour Flight
Boston, MA – 2.5 Hour Flight
Cancun, Mexico – 3 Hour Flight
Savannah, Georgia – 1.5 Hour Flight (8 Hour Drive)
Chicago, IL – 2 Hour flight (8 Hour Drive)
New Orleans, LA – 2 Hour Flight (7.5 Hour Drive)
Miami, FL – 2 Hour Fight
Charleston, SC – 1.5 Hour Flight (8 Hour Drive)
Subscribe for more content like this:
&thenShe is here to help women take ownership of their health, career and lives.
Follow us on Instagram!